Lets just say, it was almost time for me to move out. Now, I’m not meaning the boys were making me aggravated. It was just time for me to go to freshman orientation and get my key to my room. Sebastian and I had done the rest of my shopping for my dorm room the rest of the week before and he was even nice enough to get me stuff from dormfy.com for my new home. Yes, it was time for me to leave the comfortable, yet full of testosterone, apartment.
“Do you have everything,” Sebastian asked me that morning. He was standing in front of the bathroom door where I was finishing my makeup and packing my necessities.
“Yeah,” I answered him. “Um, are we taking a taxi or what?”
"Actually, I rented a town car for the day. You are just moving in right?"
"Yeah, classes don't start until next week."
"Oh, ok. Cool." He left me to finish up and went into Felix's room. I heard whispering coming from the door and then saw a hand shut it. My thoughts raced. Is he thinking about asking me out, I thought to myself. It was crazy to think such a thing but I could have been right.
I was about to knock on the door a few minutes later after I had put all my stuff near the door but instead Sebastian came out and looked at me. "Would you like to go on a date tonight?" He seemed nervous to ask and I realized what they had been talking about.
"If you really don't want to go on a date with me then, no," I said. There was a feeling in me that said," You should not have said that," but I ignored it and stared at him.
"I didn't think you would say that," he said. He looked let down as if I had just cussed him out. He was about to turn away and then stopped. "The thing is, I really do want to go out with you. These past few weeks have been amazing and I didn't want to just see you leave without having a plan. I didn't which made me upset and I couldn't concentrate for a few days. I know that seems weird since its me but its the truth. Felix told me to at least see if dating would go well and see where it leads from there."
I was stunned. Number one: we had never talked about what happened last year so I had no clue what his true feelings were for me. Number two: if I just said yes, what would happen to "lets just be friends?" I answered him cautiously, "I think that is a good idea but I'm not sure if you understand just what this is going to do."
"What do you mean," he asked.
"You play football (meaning soccer for you Americans) professionally and you are a star player. We are either exclusive or we are very private. Our faces are either put on the front page of Bild or we go some place where no one recognizes you."
"Are you saying this might not work?"
"I'm saying I don't know if it will. I want to be exclusive but private. I don't mind if we are on the cover of Bild but I don't want our whole lives or lies about us in it. I want to go to college and not have cameras following me everywhere I go. Thats what I'm saying."
Sebastian smiled. "I'll help you get settled then I have practice. I'll pick you up at six tonight for the first date."
Wow, that was not what I expected, I thought to myself. "Ok. Can I ask what to wear?"
He handed me some Euros from his wallet. "The town car is going to stay with you after it drops me off at practice. Go buy yourself a party dress."
"You just made my day."
"A party dress not everything in the store or neighborhood." I laughed and put the money in my purse.
**********************************************************
Monte had a nice campus and roomy dorms. It was like walking into a castle (which actually it really was one) and I felt as if I was in a dream. Sebastian and I got out of the black Mercedes and walked towards the "Welcome" tables set up near the dorms.
"Hi, welcome to Monte International University," a girl said from the left side of us. She seem to excited while I seemed really scared when I walked up to her. Sebastian pushed me forward. "What's your name so I can find your room key?"
"Claire Lund." The girl looked through her list, found my name, and handed me a key to my room. Then she looked at Sebastian.
"And yours," she asked. Her eyes seemed to twinkle when she looked at him and apparently, Sebastian noticed it to because his hand went instantly to mine.
Then we went to another table, still holding hands, where I got a map, my schedule and a packet that was filled with information about jobs, restaurants, grocery stores and apartment complexes if we were interested. Then, it was time to get unpacked.
The driver (his name is Johann, like the composer Bach), Sebastian and I went to the car to get my stuff. When we had put the boxes in my dorm, Sebastian kissed my cheek and left to attend practice with Felix while I put everything in their rightful places.
When I had everything, I realized I hadn’t unpacked my Mac. Oh please don’t tell me I left it at Sebastian’s. I looked in the boxes before the driver took them to the dumpster and then in the places where all of my things were. Finally, I looked on my desk and there was my baby, with a note on the tope that said: Read Me.
I decided to open and saw a Pages document pop up with the screen. It had a list of items that I needed to get with the Euros that Sebastian had given me and at the end was a little note.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to pay me back for this but I am going to ask you to make sure your dress is either red or white. Don’t worry I’ll be matching.
At that second, I didn’t think we were going to a club and if we were the team must have rented it out. I looked around my dorm room that was supposed to have a roommate and smiled. I’m a college kid.
**********************************************************
After shopping in Heidelberg, Johann dropped me off with my garment bag that held my dress and the other bags I had that carried the items from the list. With my own money, I bought a red and white tie that was for Sebastian. I knew he didn’t really like ties but it worked for now and it matched the dress I bought.
Johann left with strict instructions from Sebastian to stay in the dorm and be ready at anytime to leave, although it was only 3:15 when we had arrived back at the dorm room. When he left, I headed up the stairs with my bags and unlocked my door to the sight of more stuff that was not mine and all my stuff was in boxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment